David R. Scoggins
David Scoggins was born in Dallas, Texas and has been a lifelong Texan.
He graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Government in 1976 and thereafter graduated from Texas Tech University School of Law with a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree.
He immediately obtained his license to practice law from The Supreme Court of The State of Texas and shortly thereafter was licensed in the Federal Courts of the United States.
In 1981, David Scoggins commenced the practice of law in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and has resolved over 6,000 cases. He has represented citizens accused in Federal Courts in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana and Tennessee, typically on drug conspiracy and fraud cases.
He has also tried hundreds of jury trials in Felony and Misdemeanor courts in Texas. He has most often appeared at court in Dallas, Collin (McKinney) and Tarrant Counties (Fort Worth) with a significant docket in Denton, Rockwall, and Kaufman counties. He has also been persuaded by clients to represent them in distant counties for significant cases such as murder, intoxication manslaughter, organized crime, healthcare fraud and drug conspiracy prosecutions.
He is often retained by other attorneys as criminal jury trial lead or second chair counsel.
He holds the highest rating that can be given to an attorney by Martindale-Hubbell which has rated attorneys nationwide for over one hundred years for their legal expertise and professional stature. He has an AV Preeminent rating, which identifies an attorney with very high to preeminent legal ability and is a reflection of expertise, experience, integrity, and overall professional excellence. It is an indication of the highest professional and ethical standards and he is very pleased to be so regarded. He is also pleased to be rated Superb by AVVO.
Areas of Practice
- General Litigation
- Personal Injury
Licensed and Admitted to Practice
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Supreme Court, State of Texas, 1981
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas, 1982
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of Texas at Austin, BA, Government
- State Bar of Texas (Member, Criminal Justice Section)
- Missouri Bar Association (Member, Health Law Section)
- Dallas Bar Association
- Collin County Bar Association
- Frisco Bar Association
- Plano Bar Association
- Dallas, Collin and Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Certifications, Honors and Recognition
- Past Master of East Dallas Lodge 1200, A.F. & A.M. and former member of the Grand Lodge Jurisprudence Committee
Click here to return to Attorney listing.