John B. Larrimer
John B. Larrimer is of counsel at Kennedy, Attorneys & Counselors at Law. He is a Texas board-certified health lawyer (2002, 2007) with extensive experience in both private practice and in-house general counsel positions for a diverse array of health care providers.
John has represented numerous physicians and providers dealing with managed care organization, payors, and credentialing matters. He regularly serves as an Administrative Law Judge, hearing officer, mediator and arbitrator in medical staff and managed care organization credentialing, corrective action and de-selection proceedings, and representations before licensing boards and other governmental agencies.
After completing distinguished military service (he still makes the annual “jump” with his Airborne buddies), John went on to receive his undergraduate degree in business management from Missouri State, an MBA at the University of Arkansas and, finally, his Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri Law School.
John received a bachelor of science in business management from Missouri State University, a MBA from the University of Arkansas, and his Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri Law School. John is licensed to practice law in Missouri and Texas. He is a past Chair of the Dallas Bar Health Law Section.
Areas of Practice
- General corporate and business law for healthcare providers
- Peer review and credentialing (defense, prosecution, and hearing officer)
- Health Law and Regulatory Compliance
- Healthcare Insurance and Risk Management
- Healthcare Fraud and Abuse
- Healthcare Transactions and Contracting
- Hospitals and Ancillary Providers Employment Law
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Healthcare-related White Collar Crime
- Physician, Nursing, and other Healthcare Professional Licensing and Disciplinary Boards
- Kennedy Attorneys & Counselors at Law, Of Counsel
Dallas, Texas (2008 – Present)
- Cochran and Cochran, P.C., Associate Attorney
Dallas, Texas (1997-2002)
- Voluntary Hospitals of America, Assistant General Counsel
Irving, Texas (1989 – 1997)
- Shank, Irwin, Conant, Lipshy & Casterline, Partner
Dallas, Texas (1987 – 1989)
- Health Group, Inc., Senior Vice President, Law and Administration; General Counsel
Nashville, Tennessee (1980 – 1987)
- Brookwood Health Services, Inc., Assistant General Counsel
Birmingham, Alabama (1978 – 1980)
- Larrimer & O’Donnell, Partner
Licensed and Admitted to Practice
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Supreme Court, State of Texas
- Supreme Court, State of Missouri
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas,
- United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri
- University of Missouri, Juris Doctor, 1974
- University of Arkansas, MBA, Highest Honors, 1970
- Missouri State University, BS, High Honors; Outstanding Graduate in Economics and Business Administration, 1968
- State Bar of Texas (Member, Health Law Section)
- Missouri Bar Association (Member, Health Law Section)
- Dallas Bar Association (Past Chairman; Executive Council, Health Law Section)
- American Health Lawyers Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas
Certifications, Honors and Recognition
John Larrimer is widely published on a broad range of health law topics in medical and legal journals including Modern Healthcare, Texas Medicine, Texas Chiropractic Journal, Medical Economics, Diversion for Physicians, The Home Care Advocate, The CPA Journal and the BNA Health Law Reporter. He is also a regular speaker and seminar presenter at regional and national conferences for attorneys, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Honors and Recognition
- Board Certified in Health Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Founding Member, Editorial Board, BNA Health Law Reporter, Washington, D.C.
- Beta Gamma Sigma, Academic Honorary Fraternity
- Judge Advocate, American Legion Riders Post 379
- Back in the day, Opns. & Intel. Sgt., 327th Parachute Inf. Regt., 101st Airborne Division
Click here to return to Attorney listing.